Today is truly one of my favorite days of the year. The reason is two-fold: in America, we celebrate Thanksgiving today, which has always been a holiday that brings me such comfort is spending time with family together, not stressed about gifts. But my primary reason for this being one of my favorite days is because it's my hubby's birthday! I. love. birthdays. There were nights this past week I couldn't fall asleep because I was so excited thinking about and planning for Jordan's big day. Now, he doesn't get near as excited for his birthday as I do. But I love getting to make a big deal out of people and celebrate who they are. Especially my hubs.
I mention him often in posts but today I thought I'd fill you in a little more on why I'm so in love with this man. And some other fun facts you may not know.
- He loves the Lord. Not just says that he does or tries to show that in front of other people. But I mean genuinely, passionately knows and loves Jesus. And boldly tells everyone he knows, everywhere he goes.
- His servant's heart is remarkable. Jordan goes out of his way to help around the house, do the dishes, make the bed, cook breakfast or dinner when I'm overwhelmed, puts toothpaste on my toothbrush every night, and sacrifices in many ways for myself and others on a regular basis. It blesses me tremendously.
- The way he loves our families. He is caring and compassionate, while truthful and Christ-centered with them. Jordan makes an effort to keep in touch with our fams even living thousands of miles away. He is always asking people how he can be praying for them, and then actually prays for them. Which brings me to...
- His prayer life. Jordan is the earlier-riser of the two of us, and darn near every morning he wakes up, kneels next to the bed and starts the day in prayer. It encourages me greatly to know that my hubby clings to the power of prayer and knows its importance.
- He loves coffee. And we our self-titled coffee connoisseurs.
- Reading is a favorite hobby he has. He starts and finishes more books than most people I know, myself included.
- When I'm sad or crying for whatever reason, he always starts singing the intro to "You'll be in my heart", which begins with the lyrics, "Come stop your crying, it'll be all right..." And it works. Every time.
- This kid's sense of humor, wit, and sarcasm were some of the first things to win me over back in the day. And keep our marriage fun and lighthearted today. Absolutely hilarious.
- He is an incredible public speaker. Being on stage with a mic in hand, Jordan is totally in his niche.
- Words of affirmation are really important to him.
- He gets a big kick out of too-soon jokes.
- We're both extremely competitive. Board games get pretty heated.
- In January of 2010, he ran a marathon in Phoenix, Arizona.
- As a teenager, he was on a hip-hop dance team at his church.
- He hated being called "little guy" when he was younger. A waiter at a restaurant asked him, "what would you like to eat, little guy?" Jordan stepped on his food and yelled, "don't call me little guy!"
- At 5 years old, his mom reasoned with him to stop using a binky. All by his five-year old self, he concluded that it was time to stop.
- For our weekly Cru gathering at OU, Jordan was the emcee for about two years.
- He asks insightful, meaningful questions.
- Jordan loves to do the Dougie, the clean version of the song, of course.
- He loves to travel, hang out with friends, read blogs and just a million other things that make me love this man.
Getting to know him more and more every day is one my life's greatest adventures. What a perk to be married to a younger man (he loves when I say this because I'm actually only 4 months older than him =).
Jordan Jeffrey, you are the best thing (besides Jesus) to ever happen to me. Thanks for bringing so much life, joy, happiness, fun and excitement into my world. You are undoubtedly my better half and I thank God every morning for blessing me with His (in my opinion) greatest creation. I love you babe!