It's that kind of day. A new website, a fresh look to the blog. So I found it fitting to give you the revamped version of one of my earlier recipes: apple cinnamon muffins.
These little guys are my husband's absolute favorite (one reason being it only uses one bowl!) and in the fall they pair perfectly with a cup of hot cider. Wearing your thick sweater, with a fun, new Essie nail polish. Mmm.
While the original version was good, I wanted to up the health factor a little. And now I much prefer this recipe to the first.
Revamped Apple Cinnies (as we call them)
yields 11-12 muffins
1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup honey
1/3 coconut oil
1/3 milk (I use almond)
1 apple, chopped (about 3/4–1 cup worth)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line muffin tray with liners or spray with oil.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in honey, oil, milk and egg. Mix until mostly combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Fill muffin tray about 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little extra cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 400° and then lower temperature to 375° for about 6-7 minutes. (Don't open the oven when changing temperatures. This allows the muffins to get a higher dome and be fluffier.)
Best enjoyed while hot. Still delicious the next morning (or later that afternoon) heated in the microwave.
Happy fall, friends! Hope you enjoy the new blog. I'm glad you're here =)