Today I'm launching a new series covering a wide array of topics, Friday 5, that you can expect every week. If there's a 5 you want to know about, comment below.
Instagram is most definitely my go-to social media site. I love being able to see a quick glimpse into a person's day, job, hobby, etc.
As one of my hobbies is hand-lettering, I love checking out what other people in this niche are up to. Here are a few of my favorite hand letterers that I follow on Instagram:
- Kristen Chow (@hislovecompelsme). Kristen is from Australia and has beautiful lettering she often overlays with photos. She has an Etsy shop where you can order her prints here.
- Brim Papery (@brimpapery) I stumbled upon Jolie's IG and am thrilled that I did. She lives in Ohio so of course that makes me biased toward her work. But she's legit. And also has a website. (Note: some of her pieces use profanity, which aren't my fav, but she still has great stuff!)
- Chris Wright (@handletteringco) I love Chris' work. He has a distinct style and does crazy things like wood burning and engraving. His site also has a helpful resources page for fellow letterers looking for good tools of the trade. Oh, and he has free downloads for your iPhone background!
- Sean McCabe (@seanwes) In addition to lettering, Sean has a podcast that is actually unrelated, often about productivity. Soon he's launching a hand lettering workshop and I can't wait! Check out his site.
- Valerie McKeehan (@valeriemckeehan) Last but not least is Valerie of Lily and Val. Her work is primarily chalk lettering and she has a shop filled with awesome chalk creations. You may have seen her work as it's available in retail stores like Barnes and Noble. Fun products on her site!