In the last couple of years, I've become a big fan of podcasts. There's such a wealth of information in the world and it's nice to switch up the format for how we get this information. Here are a few of my favorites:
- The Briefing. Al Mohler provides a daily analysis of news and events from a Christian worldview. While I don't watch the news on TV or read the daily newspaper, The Briefing provides a great way to know what's going on in the world, what it means from a Christian perspective and Dr. Mohler does it all in under 20 minutes. Without a script. Jordan and I listen to this while we make breakfast in the morning. (Big shout out to our friends Hal + Amy for introducing us to this podcast in January! We're huge fans. Thank you!)
- Spilled Milk. A quirky little podcast where Matthew and Molly select one food item (like chocolate, bananas, or sweet potatoes, for example) and try various brands/recipes on air to review them. And in this crazy, all-connected world I recently discovered that Molly is the mastermind behind the food blog, Orangette. It's a fun podcast to have on while you're making dinner. Oh, and here's a link to the most killer brownie recipe discussed on the show. It is out of this world. (No, Jordan and I haven't made it 20x since learning about it two months ago...)
- SeanWes Podcast. He's one of my favorite letters I mentioned in another post. However, his podcast has basically nothing to do with hand lettering. He shares "tangible insights on creativity and business in the design industry."
- FamilyLife Today. In November, my husband and I attended the FamilyLife conference A Weekend to Remember. We had an awesome time getting to focus on our marriage, hear from awesome speakers and just have some time alone to connect and talk. In this podcast Dennis Rainey, FamilyLife president, and guests share about many components of a healthy marriage and relationship with God. (FamilyLife is a ministry of Cru, who we work for, but that's certainly not the only reason I like the podcast!)
- Rachel and Friends. This one is a real honor to list as a favorite podcast of mine and is the most recent addition. Rachel is a close friend of mine and who turned big-time food blogger and I am so proud of her! I'll see friends of mine (who don't know Rachel) pin some of her recipes and it always amazes me. Now she's tried her hand at the podcast world and just released the first episode in March! She rocked it. Each episode will be Rachel interviewing a friend about a wide variety of subjects. An enjoyable and informative listen.
There are pastors whose sermons I listen to as well, but these are the other categories I really enjoy listening to!